Have you just been relocated? Do you have children that will now be starting at a new school, in a new school district, in a new country? Here are some tips to help keep their integration smooth.
Language barriers are a difficult task to overcome at any age. If your child is struggling to communicate in the classroom they will not only fall behind on school-work, but also in developing relationships with classmates. Here are some ways to help your child conquer language barriers.
- Sign up for language lessons prior to departure and once you have reached your destination
- Place children in school where the primary language is their first language
- Have your children use Mobile or Online applications such as:
- Equip your children with Mobile apps for language help on the go
Bullying is an ongoing epidemic in the world. A good way to approach the subject is to talk about it openly with your children and inform them of how to protect themselves from bullies, and also how to not be a bully. Although there is no concrete formula to ensure that your child is not bullied, below are a list of organizations that provide tips, advice, and platforms to overcome bullying.
Tutoring can be an easy way to help ease your child into their new school. Every country has a varying degree of educational standards and teaching styles. Providing your child with a tutor before enrollment in school is a great way to ensure they feel comfortable and confident in their new school, from day one (1). There are many tutoring organizations, such as Tutors International, that will help prepare your child for their first day at their new school.
The first day of school for any child can be difficult. The added complication of introducing a new country can make the process even more stressful. We suggest that you apply these helpful tips and share them with your child prior to your departure so that they are fully comfortable and prepared on their first day of school!
Every country is different. There are many cultural differences that expats and their families will deal with. TransferEASE
offers Cross-Culture Training to help ensure that our clients are situated as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
We are proud members of CERC
and are an ISO 9001:2008
registered corporation. At TransferEASE our knowledgeable relocation experts can help guide your relocation from start to finish, with care and attention. Call us today to speak to a representative.
» Works Cited
- More Expats are Hiring Private Tutors to Prepare Children for School in Other Countries. Tutors International. [Online] 10 22, 2012. [Cited: 08 26, 2016.] • http://www.tutors-international.com/more-expats-are-hiring-private-tutors-to-prepare-children-for-school-in-other-countries/.
» Hide Works Cited