Over the past 20 years, we at TransferEASE have noticed a boom in the employee relocation industry. This is not only because of the growing availability of jobs in different countries, but also because of the fact that people are interested in traveling to new locations all while earning a pay cheque. Here is a list of 5 exotic places to work in the world (1).
Indonesia is a large country with over 240 million people currently residing within its borders. The country has a growing and vibrant trade district, and with that, a large interest in technology and its development (2). There is however, still a vast amount of green and mountainous area.
Some of the main companies, and their industries, present in Indonesia include:
- Adaro – Coal Mining
- Pindad – Manufacturing of military and commercial products, etc.
- Perushahaan Gas Negara – Gas
Malaysia, located in Southeast Asia, is a large country with over 30 million inhabitants. It is seen as a role model to other developing nations because of its transition into a multi-industry and innovation based economy. The large industries in Malaysia are lucrative oil, gas, and biotechnology sectors. There is also a large interest in medical technology, pharmaceuticals, and electronics (1).
Some of the large corporations that have locations based in Malaysia include:
- Axiata – Telecommunications
- CIMB – Financial Institution
There is also a growing interest in media and communications, property and construction, as well as tourism and hospitality.
3. New Zealand
New Zealand is an island located approximately 1,500 km east of Australia. The culture in New Zealand is one focused on a work-life balance, and was even ranked 2nd in the world for their commitment to this philosophy (4).
The main industry in New Zealand is the service sector, but other industries are thriving here including:
- New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter (NZAS) – Aluminium Smelting
- Solid Energy – Coal Mining
Singapore is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia, and is home to over 5.5 million people. Singapore is also listed as one of the cleanest places in the world because of very strict littering fines (6). There is also a very low crime rate (7).
Singapore ranked as number 1 in the world in the World Bank Group’s 2016 Economy Rankings survey in the category of Ease of Doing Business (3). The main business sectors in Singapore are:
- Energy and infrastructure
Switzerland is home to over 8 million people and averages approximately 195 people per square kilometre in the cities. The taxes in Switzerland are very low, and the quality of life is high.
This combination results in Switzerland’s inhabitants ranking highly on the world happiness index (4).
The economy in Switzerland is noted as one of the world’s most stable economies. There are various economic sectors in Switzerland, with the main ones including:
- High-end watches
» Works Cited
- The 10 Best Countries For Working Abroad. Money Under 30. [Online] [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] http://www.moneyunder30.com/best-countries-to-work-abroad.
- Statistics Indonesia. Way Back Machine. [Online] [Cited: 05 24, 2015.] https://web.archive.org/web/20090703224819/http://www.bps.go.id/sector/nra/gdp/table1.shtml.
- Work in Malaysia. Prospects. [Online] 03 2015. [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/working-abroad/work-in-malaysia.
- Balanced lifestyle. New Zealand Now. [Online] [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/why-choose-nz/balanced-lifestyle.
- Switzerland is world’s top destination for expats, New Zealand best for raising kids… but US and UK voted among worst places to live. Mail Online. [Online] 10 23, 2014. [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2804544/Switzerland-world-s-destination-expats-New-Zealand-best-raising-kids-UK-voted-worst-places-live.html.
- Littering & Jaywalking. Singapore Criminal Lawyer. [Online] [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] http://www.singaporecriminallawyer.com/littering-jaywalking/.
- Why does Singapore top so many tables? BBC News. [Online] 10 24, 2013. [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-24428567.
- Economy Rankings. World Bank Group. [Online] [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] http://www.doingbusiness.org/rankings.
- Switzerland is ‘world’s happiest’ country in new poll. [Online] 04 24, 2015. [Cited: 05 24, 2016.] http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32443396.
» Hide Works Cited
If you are relocating and searching for some advice on relocating to an exotic place, TransferEASE
can help. At TransferEASE our knowledgeable relocation experts can help guide your relocation from start to finish, with care and attention. Call us today to speak to a representative.